Application of Passy-Muir® Swallowing and Speaking Valves
This webinar provides an introduction to the clinical benefits of the Passy-Muir Swallowing and Speaking Valves as well as the basic principles of assessment and placement of the valve. After this webinar you will be able to:
- Identify Passy-Muir Tracheostomy and Ventilator Speaking Valves and Passy-Muir Valve Oxygen Adapter.
- Describe the clinical benefits of the Passy-Muir Valves and their application for tracheostomized and ventilator dependent patients.
- Describe the theory of the closed position “no leak” design of the Passy-Muir Speaking Valves and the benefits to the patients that this design provides as supported by clinical research.
- Identify dysphagia issues associated with the tracheostomized and ventilator dependent population, and the role of the Passy-Muir Speaking Valves in assessment and treatment of dysphagia in the patient population.
- Identify transitioning issues related to Passy-Muir Speaking Valve placement and appropriate steps to facilitate successful use and patient confidence.
CLICK TO VIEW COURSE
Click the link above to view this course in the Passy-Muir Education Portal
- If you are not logged in to the Education Portal, please do so after clicking the link
- If you do not have an Education Portal account, please create one
- You will be taken to the Course View page for this topic after logging in