Pediatric Tracheostomy and Use of the Passy-Muir® Valve
The course provides clinical information regarding indication and timing of tracheostomy in children and its impact on function and development, including communication and oral feeding. Specific assessment and therapy techniques using the Passy-Muir valve, case presentations, and resources are presented. It is recommended that you complete Application of Passy-Muir Swallowing and Speaking Valves prior to registering for this course. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the timing and indications of pediatric tracheostomy.
- Review the physiological impact of tracheostomy on development and the positive impact of the Passy-Muir valve on functions of the upper airway.
- Present specific evaluation and treatment techniques with case studies and video samples.
- Collaborate with family and appropriate clinical team members for optimal treatment.
- Identify resources related to tracheostomy
CLICK TO VIEW COURSE
Click the link above to view this course in the Passy-Muir Education Portal
- If you are not logged in to the Education Portal, please do so after clicking the link
- If you do not have an Education Portal account, please create one
- You will be taken to the Course View page for this topic after logging in