How Do I Attend a Live Event Webinar?
This refers to the public webinars.
- At least 15 minutes before the start of webinar, go to http://ep.passy-muir.com
- Enter your login information
- Select "My Courses"
- Find the title of the course you plan to attend
- Select "Join " (If you do not see this link appear, try refreshing your browser, which you can do with the F5 key)
- For the audio portion of the meeting you will need to use a computer with speakers (this option is free of charge), or a traditional speakerphone (this is a toll number).
- To test your ability to join the webinar, using the following link http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/
What is my login for the Education Portal?
- Your login is the email address you used when you registered.
- If you forgot your password, click the "Forgot Password?" link, and a password reset link will be sent to your email address.
How do I get credit for a meeting I watched as part of a group?
- If you watch a live or recorded meeting in a conference room with others, you can still get credit for the course by registering for it and completing the evaluation.
- Use the CEU information provided at the end of the meeting and log into your account in the Education Portal http://ep.passy-muir.com
- For recorded courses, you will need to locate the course under "Recorded Self-Study Webinars" and complete the test and the evaluation.
Will I be able to view a live webinar on my tablet?
- Currently, this option is not available through our meeting host. Recorded webinars, however, can be viewed on a variety of devices.
What do I need to do to make sure my courses are submitted for CEU credit?
- You must provide your complete name and your ASHA or AARC member number when signing up in the Passy-Muir Educational Portal for the first time.
- For self-study webinar courses, you must complete the quiz with a passing score.
- For all Passy-Muir CE courses, you must complete a course evaluation.
When will my courses be submitted to ASHA or AARC?
- For self-study webinar courses submitted to ASHA:
- Passy-Muir submits course reporting to ASHA once a quarter (Quarters end March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31).
- The course completion date that will appear on your ASHA CE Registry transcript will be the last day of the quarter in which you completed the self-study webinar course. For example if you viewed the webinar, passed the quiz and completed the evaluation on Feb 6th, 2012, the course date that will appear on your ASHA CE Registry Transcript is March 31, 2012.
- For self-study webinar courses submitted to AARC:
- Passy-Muir submits course reporting to AARC every 60 days
- For Live Event Webinars, Live Seminars, Live In-services, and Live Group Webinars, course reporting is submitted within 45 days of the date that the course took place.The date of completion that will appear on your transcript will be the date the live course was held.
How can I register for a live, private seminar, inservice, or private group webinar?
- You will need to have a “meeting link” which will be provided by a Passy-Muir Specialist or Consultant
- Type the meeting link into the address bar
- "Log In" if you have used the Education Portal before, or "Sign Up" if you do not already have an account
- If you do not see that the course is registered after signing up, trying using the meeting link again after you are logged in to the Education Portal
- The meeting will appear under your "My Courses" tab
- You can find detailed information about the course (e.g. date and time of the course, handouts), by going back to the “My Courses” page and clicking on the course title
- If you will be attending a webinar, the link to join it will be located here
What do I do if I am having trouble viewing the recorded webinar?
- Try these common fixes:
- Update your Internet browser and plug-ins to the latest versions
- Try using a different browser, such as Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome
- Try using a different computer or tablet. The courses will run on some mobile devices, including the iPad
What do I do if I am having trouble viewing the certificate?
- Make sure you have installed a recent version of Adobe Reader http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- If your browser does not correctly display or download the certificate, please contact us at 949-833-8255
I registered for CEU courses at Passy-Muir several years ago and now the system does not recognize me
- In 2009, we updated our continuing education offerings. We discontinued a series of 5 text-based CEU courses and introduced a series of self-study webinar courses. At that time we developed a new database, the Passy-Muir Educational Portal, for tracking participants of the self-study webinars. Anyone who was registered in the old system will need to sign up in the new Passy-Muir Educational Portal in order to take Passy-Muir CE courses.
How do I see the answers to the questions I missed on the quiz?
- To ensure the integrity of the testing process, we do not give answers to missed questions. However, we strongly encourage you to contact a Passy-Muir clinician by phone using our contact information. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Does Passy-Muir make submissions to CE Broker?
- No, we do not make submissions to CE Broker.