Passy-Muir® Valve FAQ Challenge
This presentation will answer the most common questions asked by clinicians related to patient evaluation, candidacy and use of the Passy-Muir® Swallowing and Speaking Valve. In addition common myths and misconceptions will be corrected. Attendees will be polled at the beginning of each topic presented in order to test their knowledge. The clinical specialist presenter will then provide the answers to the most common questions regarding the topics of: airway assessment; choosing a Passy-Muir Valve; ordering and billing information; and, treatment modalities appropriate for use with the tracheostomized and ventilator dependent patient.
- Describe the bias-closed position Passy-Muir® Valve and explain how a proper upper airway assessment is key to its successful use.
- Explain how an extra length tracheostomy tube size may affect patient tolerance of the Passy-Muir® Valve.
- State the two most common reasons why a patient may not be a candidate for the Passy-Muir® Valve.
CLICK TO VIEW COURSE
Click the link above to view this course in the Passy-Muir Education Portal
- If you are not logged in to the Education Portal, please do so after clicking the link
- If you do not have an Education Portal account, please create one
- You will be taken to the Course View page for this topic after logging in