Ventilator Basics for the Non-Respiratory Therapist*
This webinar provides the Non-Respiratory healthcare professional with a basic understanding of ventilator modes and settings. The basic elements of air flow during mechanical ventilation, definitions of important ventilator vocabulary, and descriptions in simple terms of modes used for mechanical ventilation are explained. This information provides a foundation for appropriate patient assessment, development of patient selection criteria, and evaluation of the patient for use of the Passy-Muir® valve during mechanical ventilation. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the closed position function of the Passy-Muir Valve.
- Identify four commonly used modes of mechanical ventilation.
- Describe the optimum ventilation modes for Passy-Muir in-line valve application.
- Define ventilator terms, e.g., FiO2, VT, PIP and PEEP.
*This course is not offered for AARC credit.
CLICK TO VIEW COURSE
Click the link above to view this course in the Passy-Muir Education Portal
- If you are not logged in to the Education Portal, please do so after clicking the link
- If you do not have an Education Portal account, please create one
- You will be taken to the Course View page for this topic after logging in